Postdoc Position - Atmospheric modeling, large eddy simulations (IBG-3)
At the Institute of Bio- and Geosciences – Agrosphere (IBG-3) we contribute to an improved understanding and reliable prediction of hydrologic and biogeochemical processes in terrestrial systems. At IBG-3, modeling of the terrestrial system in supercomputer environments and the analyses of large data sets constitute central components of scientific and applied research. IBG-3 is also member of the Centre of High-Performance Scientific Computing in Terrestrial Systems (HPSC TerrSys), Geoverbund ABC/J, Germany (www.hpsc-terrsys.de). IBG-3 and HPSC TerrSys maintain a leading position in the development and application of parallel software technologies in the geosciences.
We are offering a
Postdoc Position - Atmospheric modeling, large eddy simulations
In a large collaborative project funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research related to hydrogen production, you will:
- Setup and perform large eddy simulation in order to evaluate the impact of local hydrogen production on the ambient atmospheric conditions.
- The simulation results will be analyzed using advanced data analytics technologies to inform the design and planning of hydrogen production at scale.
- University degree (Master) in meteorology, physics or related fields
- Documented experience in atmospheric modeling and analyses
- Experience in large eddy simulations is an advantage
- Ability to cooperate in an interdisciplinary and international team
- Very good communication and organization skills
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We support you in your work with:
- International, interdisciplinary working environment on an attractive research campus, ideally situated between the cities of Cologne, Düsseldorf, and Aachen
- Working in an institute of one of the largest research institutions in Europe
- Use of excellent scientific and technical infrastructure
- Participation in international workshops and conferences
- Opportunities for technical and scientific training by international experts
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible working hours and various opportunities to reconcile work and family life
- 30 days of annual leave and an attractive regulation for brigding days
- A full-time position with the option of slightly reduced working hours
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
We offer you an exciting and varied role in an international and interdisciplinary working environment. The position is for a fixed term of 2 years, with possible long-term prospects. Salary and social benefits will conform to the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund), pay group 13, depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the precise nature of the tasks assigned to them.
In addition to exciting tasks and a collaborative working atmosphere at Jülich, we have a lot more to offer: https://go.fzj.de/benefits
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.